Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Quilting Weekend

I was a woman possessed on the weekend I tried out my new overlocker.... a Birthday present for myself this year...
I made 3 pairs of Dr Seuss jammies.....yes 3 pairs a one of a kind design.....designed by me
2 pillows...Cat in the Hat material......
1 Owl Quilt................ and finally a Memo Board...
I must admit that my DH was not tooo pleased with the mess in the backroom...threads all over the lino...and me sewing most of the weekend..... I diod manage to go out a few times...my first visit was to Gum Valley Patchworch near Simpson to visit Linda and gather some supplies for the weekends sewing. Vicki H and myself then went on a little road trip to Colac for afternoon tea at Cafe Nu Del very nice coffe and cakes, then home for some sewing....On Sunday I managed to go to the Port Fairy Folk Festival for a squizz at all the stalls and some very talented street performers...
Monday saw me cleaning the backroom and the general house cleaning chores....


Cat in the Hat Jammies

Owl Quilt Top for my Twin sister shhhhh she maybe lurking....

Cat in the Hat Pillow

Memo Board


It's hard to believe that in 3 weeks I will be on holidays again.....The local primary school where I work is having a School Fair this Friday.... I am off to Bright again this time with just DS(1) and his GF and DS(2).....Abbey and DH will be holding the fort at home...
I would love to show you a photo of DS(2) wearing his suit for the local Tech School Sports but I might leave that for next week.... trust me you will laugh... I can't belive what he is going to wear...lol

Till my next post enjoy your stitching and sewing....
Andrea

No comments: